Tips For Your Boudoir Session
2nd June 2021
Tips For Your Boudoir Session
This is all the important stuff you’ll need to take note of for your shoot!
I cannot stress this enough. EAT BEFORE YOUR SHOOT! Not just a piece of toast, but an actual breakfast. You will burn calories and some clients have even compared their shoot to a workout. You will be tired. You may be sore the next day. PLEASE EAT.
Here are the most important things to remember:
1.Start ordering/buying your wardrobe at least 3 months before your shoot. If you wait until the last minute, you will be stressed out. Lingerie shopping is like buying jeans, you sometimes have to try on MANY pairs until you find ones that fit perfectly.
2. Please TRY ON ALL lingerie! I cannot photoshop ill-fitting lingerie to make it fit properly. When things are too loose or too tight it will not be complimentary in pictures. Please do not bring loose nightgowns. In general, these are not flattering.
3. Please remove chipped nail polish and get a manicure. If you aren't a manicure type of girl then you can always get press on nails and arrive with them on.
4. Soft blush colours, French manicure, and neutral colours all look great on nails. Try to avoid bright nails, busy patterns, and tips that are dark. This will make you look like you have dirt under your nails.
5. Please don’t tan or spray tan before your shoot. The camera does not like spray tan/tanning, and you’ll end up looking orange in photos.
6. Please arrive with a clean face and DRY hair that was washed the day before. Please don’t wash your hair the morning of the shoot. It will hold styling better when not freshly washed.
7. Bring at least 6-8 outfit choices with you (more is definitely ok)! It is better to have more options! Try to choose a variety for outfits (ex. not all bra and panty sets). Body suits look great and you can find some great ones at H&M and Forever 21! We will shoot 4 outfits (unless your collection includes more looks). Please bring a variety of colors and accessories. I would rather you bring four various bodysuits and shape wear than four bra and panty sets. :)
8. If you are self conscious about your middle, do not bring all two piece outfits.
9. Bring a variety of heels, skin tone, black, and a fun colour (think red, pink, or blue). TALL HEELS, GIRLS. TALL HEELS. The longer the heel, the longer your legs. The higher/skinnier the heels the better. Avoid ankle straps on your heels. You will see the bottom of your heels in some pictures, so if they are old/worn, you will be able to tell. Avoid flower patterns/patterns in general.
10. Bring accessories (footy jumpers, your significant other’s work shirt or work hat, a silk robe, jewellery). Sometimes props just won't translate in pictures. If that is the case with your prop, I’ll let you know.
11. Please bring a robe to stay warm in between outfit changes.
12. If you are a bride, feel free to bring bridal lingerie, garter, veil. I have veils here at my studio, so if you don’t have that yet it is totally ok! If you have your dress, feel free to bring it as well. We can use it for one or two shots. I know that’s a lot of work though, so not bringing it is totally ok!
13. Get lots of sleep the night before your session. Getting enough sleep will keep dark circles away.
14. Practice posing in front of your mirror. It may feel silly, but practicing your “sultry” face will help you feel more comfortable the day of your shoot.
15. Do all your grooming a day prior to your shoot. Especially if waxing.
16. Don’t try a new hairstyle or colour the week of your shoot. Save anything drastic for after your shoot. PLEASE GET YOUR ROOTS DONE a week or so before your shoot.
17. I highly recommend coming to your shoot in something loose or tracky daks! (loose fitting clothing). Jeans and other tight clothing will leave marks on your skin that will show up in photos..
18. Remove all hair ties from wrists prior to coming in for your shoot.
19. If you wear eyelash extensions, please get them filled the day before your shoot.
20. Please don't be late, as I schedule appointments before and after your shoot and so does my hair and makeup team. If you are more than 15 minutes late we may have to reschedule at an extra fee.
21. And just in case you are still reading and missed it up above - PLEASE EAT BEFORE YOUR SHOOT and absolutely EAT THE DAY BEFORE YOUR SHOOT.
22. Most importantly! RELAX! I will tell you everything to do! How to pose, where to look, where to put your hands and feet, even how to stand. All you have to do is arrive!
So excited to meet you!
Join Our Facebook Community
Join all our ladies in our VIP Facebook Community! Our group on facebook is focused on empowering and uplifting women. We laugh, make jokes, post memes and take pride in who we are as women. Find your tribe by clicking "Get Your Invite!" below!